So the process was something along the lines of.
- Put 20L of fuel in. I was told it had to be more than 15L
- Disconnect the Inertia switch
- Run the engine (starter moter), for ~30 seconds.
- Watch that the oil pressure comes up. Mine hit 4 bar.
- Connect the inertia switch and press the button.
- Turn off then on again and press and hold the start button.
- After no more than 5 seconds the engine came to life.
- The idle seemed to be about 2500-2700 and was hunting.
- I watched the oil pressure go up to 6 bar when it was cold.
- I also watched the exhaust primaries burn off some protection which was worrying at first.
- I left the engine running to warm up to coolant and oil.
- The oil pressure dropped to 2 bar when it was warmed up.
- Revving the car took the oil pressure up to 4 bar and 6 bar.
- At 90 degrees C the fan kicked in and the temp dropped to ~80-85 degrees.
- The aluminium radiator did the same thing as the exhaust primaries and burnt off some protection.
- Whilst the engine was running a red light on the dash came on. I thought it was the engine but it turns out to be the brake fluid level and so I need to top that up.
- I tried to put the car in gear but it wouldn't go so I think I have to mess with the clutch bleeding again.
Great feeling to be fired up and pumping out some serious fumes in the garage.
I wasn't amused when I heard a nut fall off the engine whilst I was running it up to temperature. Can't believe it just fell off the alternator.
Nicely warmed up primaries.
Another exhaust shot.
The car was ticking over at ~2500 RPM. I adjusted the screw under the throttle level and set it to idle at 1500. It seemed to cut out if I set it any lower than that.
Only the one leak identified so far. I was loosing some coolant from the temperature sensor t piece. It was the sensor itself that was leaking. I have not sorted it yet. (It was too hot to touch).
Seat belt harness went on. I put some grease on the spacer and leather so the two items slide nicely on one another. I found as I was torquing up the harness that the spacer would twist and therefore twist the leather boot cover.
I put the poppers on for the boot cover. I placed a fan heater in the boot for a while to warm the leather up. Smacking the dot tool was a silly process. Can't help but feel a ratchet type tool would be better. I placed the dot tool on the cross beam by the seat belts to do the whacking.
Boot cover, seatbelts and some carpet in place in the cockpit.
Boot carpet done. I find the boot surprisingly spacious.